Improving quality of life wherever people
live, work, learn, play, stay well, and visit!
Career passion. For over 30 years, Burt Woolf has been transforming the quality of peoples' lives in communities and on campus! He supports colleges and universities, private nonprofits and voluntary organizations, public agencies, and individuals to make a difference for a better world by helping them (a) set a clear mission and vision for action; (b) solve problems and address issues through stakeholder collaboration; and (c) build and nurture resourceful, productive relationships. This intention threads through every executive position he has ever held and every consulting assignment he has ever undertaken. Burt's career - as senior and chief executive, coach, and consultant - has been an ongoing creative source of his own personal learning, meaning-making and self-actualization.
Focus on Transformative Impact. Our Accelereated Resilience service helps executives and management teams in educational, nonprofit, and public sector organizations, create a transformative culture where "passion to make a difference" becomes a motivating force for operational excellence, high-performance team collaboration, clear and precise communication, and transparent decision-making. As a result, Burt's clients experience greater fulfillment in their work, an eagerness to improve, workforce camaraderie and kinship, and the energy to deal with the relentless daunting circumstances that they face each and every day.
Problem-solving Approach. Accelerated Resilience is a creative problem-solving process that Burt has facilitated for dozens of clients in higher education institutions, public agencies and jurisdictions, nonprofit groups, and professional associations throughout the United States. The process helps our client organziations realize a more powerful identity through collaborative and responsive alignment between and among the excecutive leadership, governing body, workforce, and stakeholders. The Accelerated Resilience process has proven to be an efficient organizational approach for mission and vision refinement; strategic planning; transformation of organizational structure and culture; institutional assessment; building unified and motivated management teams; leadership development; employee motivation; and product/program innovation.
Quality-of-life fields. Burt's professional work and scholarship (Ed.D. 2011) have intersected with many different domains of expertise in the public, nonprofit, and education sectors:
- Education leadership and culture (Higher Ed and K-12 Systems)
- Organizational development (leadership excellence; transformation of institutional culture; vision/strategic planning; assessment and restructuring)
- Conservation and preservation of the natural and built environment
- Community and economic development
- Public sector tourism and hospitality (destination planning and development)
- Sustainable agriculture and local food systems
- Arts, culture, and heritage planning
- Outdoor recreation and leisure activities
- Professional associations
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst; Doctor of Education (Ed.D.); College of Education (Educational Policy and Leadership); 2011.
- University of California Los Angeles; MS Management; Anderson School of Management (Nonprofit Arts Administration); 1972.
- Amherst College; BA cum laude, Political Science; 1970.
Thank you for visiting my web site. I invite you to reach out to me for more information about enhancing the transformative impact of your educational institution, nonprofit organization, public agency, or community.